International Conference on Molecular/Nano-Photochemistry, Photocatalysis and Solar Energy Conversion Solar '08 Cairo, Egypt, February 24–28, 2008
“Putting Light to Work” The highly successful Solar conference series, started in 1991, provides a place where researchers interested in fundamental and applied aspects of photochemistry can meet and inspire one another. Located in the “sun-blessed” country of Egypt, the Solar Conference recognizes that successful photochemical applications go hand in hand with advancement of fundamental understanding of photoinduced processes and excited states.
Year after year, this conference attracts a wide pool of world authorities from various fields to Egypt. The large and continuing interest of the scientific community for this conference is a result of the unique blend of good science, networking, hospitality and remarkable venue. In its own right, Solar significantly contributes to the education of the countries own scientists, particularly the emerging young generation of Egyptian scientists.
Central Organizing Committee:
The scientific program includes Plenary, Keynote, Short-Lectures and Poster presentations.
Download the program
- State-of-the-art Solar Energy Conversion Techniques
- Photochemistry: Science and Application
- Drug Photostability
- Nanotechnology for Clean Energy
- Clean Energy
- Advanced Oxidation Technologies
- Environmental and Medical Impact of Photochemical Singlet Oxygen
- Second Generation Photocatalytic Nanomaterials
- Dr. Sabry Abdel-Mottaleb
- Professor of Chemistry,
- Nano/Photochemistry and Solar Chemistry Labs,
- Department of Chemistry;
- Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University (ASU),
- 11566 Abbassia, Cairo, Egypt
- Tel: +20 10 168 6244
- Fax: +20 2 2634 7683 or +20 2 2638 9725
- Kreuzstrasse 7a
- 80331 München
- TEL: +49 89 23512 0621
- FAX: +49 180 50029 0621
- 4 Al-Sabbagh Str.
- 11757, El Korba
- Cairo, Egypt
- Tel : +20 2 2414 6493
- Fax : +20 2 2415 0992
- MOB: +20 1 0164 8730