NANOTEC2008, jointly organised by Airi/Nanotec IT and Veneto Nanotech with the collaboration of Regione Veneto and Veneto Innovazione, is an international conference aiming at:
- Giving a comprehensive picture of nanotechnology at Italian level in relation to activity, perspectives and needs, in comparison to what happens in other countries;
- Presenting the latest developments and trends in terms of R&D, applications and governance at world level;
- Offering the opportunity for a debate amongst representatives of industry, public research and governmental bodies;
- Stimulating initiatives of cooperation, coordination and support aimed to promote and make more effective the efforts in this field.
NANOTEC2008 will show how nanotechnology can lead to the development of a new generation of products, devices and processes which can revolutionise sectors of great relevance. The agenda will mirror the objectives of the Industrial Innovation Programme launched by the Italian Government, Industry 2015, which focus also on themes at the front line at world level:
- Energy efficiency;
- Sustainable mobility;
- New technologies for life sciences;
- New technologies for Made in Italy;
- Innovative technologies to preserve the cultural heritage
A session will be specifically devoted to the responsible development of nanotechnology, crucial for the success of this technology.